Leadership Development and Succession Planning (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 124 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
How do you become a good leader? Is it the same as being a good manager? This course will help prepare an effective manager to become a successful leader. You will develop skills that can be applied efficiently in your current position, especially during the current crisis when teams are working remotely and both leaders and managers need effective virtual communication. More importantly, these skills will be equally useful once the current crisis passes and our industry is once again experiencing a period of expansion and growth, regardless of how our workplace and our work processes evolve. The virtual classroom sessions will be highly interactive, and the lasting value of the course will come from your subsequent implementation of a “Personal Development Plan” and other written materials that you will develop with the guidance of the instructor.
Course code: TAPH-23-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior experience in supervisory positions
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
20 - 22 September, 2022
Register before 20 Jun, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 06 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149446
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Improve your general management effectiveness
- Develop leadership skills you can apply in your present position
- Increase the influence you exercise in your work unit and across your organization
- Build the foundations of a successful talent development and succession planning process
- Cultivate an effective peer network
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses and what makes for an effective manager
- The attributes of a successful leader and the differences between a manager and a leader
- Adapting your leadership style to various situations
- Improving your communication and increasing your influence
- Building an effective talent management program
- Building an effective succession planning process
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Mid to senior-level managers with significant responsibilities and several years of relevant experience
- High-potential leaders who are being developed to transition into business leadership positions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Human Resources Management Diploma
Comprehensive diploma for people management, from selection to performance management, for measurable human performance improvement in the workplace.
General Aviation Management Diploma
Develop and implement efficient operational solutions, while simultaneously ensuring the strategic renewal of your organization.
Airport Strategic Management Diploma
Combine courses in the areas of planning, management and business development for a complete overview of airport strategy.
Air Traffic Services Management Diploma
Learn how to be a leader in air traffic services management.