Leadership Development and Succession Planning (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 124 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
How do you become a good leader? Is it the same as being a good manager?
This course will help prepare an effective manager to become a successful leader. The course will allow you to develop skills that can be applied efficiently in your current position and further elevate you and your team.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-23
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior experience in supervisory positions
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Increase your general management effectiveness
- Develop leadership skills you can apply in your present position
- Increase the influence you exercise in your work unit and across your organization
- Build the foundations of a successful talent development and succession planning process
- Cultivate an effective peer network
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses and what makes for an effective manager
- The attributes of a successful leader and the differences between a manager and a leader
- The major theories on leadership
- Adapting your leadership style to various situations
- Improving your communication and increasing your influence
- Building an effective talent management program
- Building an effective succession planning process
- Active discussions
- Informative and insightful exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Mid-senior managers with significant responsibilities
- Mid-senior managers with years of relevant management experience
- High-potential leaders who are being developed to transition into business leadership positions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Vladimir Metzler, Navigation Data Service, Lufthansa Systems Aeronautics
I feel this course has provided me with a better understanding of the strategic management of HR. I believe I am now able to set better goals for my own career development.