Leadership Development and Succession Planning (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 124 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
How do you become a good leader? Is it the same as being a good manager? This course will help prepare an effective manager to become a successful leader. You will develop skills that can be applied efficiently in your current position, especially during the current crisis when teams are working remotely and both leaders and managers need effective virtual communication. More importantly, these skills will be equally useful once the current crisis passes and our industry is once again experiencing a period of expansion and growth, regardless of how our workplace and our work processes evolve. The virtual classroom sessions will be highly interactive, and the lasting value of the course will come from your subsequent implementation of a “Personal Development Plan” and other written materials that you will develop with the guidance of the instructor.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-23
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have prior experience in supervisory positions.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
4 - 6 October, 2023
Register before 04 Jul, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 13 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172205
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Improve your general management effectiveness
- Develop leadership skills you can apply in your present position
- Increase the influence you exercise in your work unit and across your organization
- Build the foundations of a successful talent development and succession planning process
- Cultivate an effective peer network
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses and what makes for an effective manager
- The attributes of a successful leader and the differences between a manager and a leader
- Adapting your leadership style to various situations
- Improving your communication and increasing your influence
- Building an effective talent management program
- Building an effective succession planning process
- Active discussions
- Informative and insightful exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Mid to senior-level managers with significant responsibilities and several years of relevant experience
- High-potential leaders who are being developed to transition into business leadership positions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.