International Negotiation Skills (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
For most of us, to negotiate means to enter difficult terrain: weighing our power vs. the relationship, balancing our goals with others, challenging the other party, and compromising. This is enlarged in scale when we need to bridge differences, be it dealing with people from different countries, with other company cultures, differences in power, in negotiation positions, and interests. More than in any other competence, we need effective tools to design our communication to bridge these differences while still ensuring to meet our objectives.
This course aims to provide you with useful models, perspectives, tools and most of all applicable competencies so you will be able to prepare, conduct and lead successful (and intercultural) negotiations in the airline industry with sustainable results. We will provide pragmatic support to deal with challenging situations and with difficult partners as well as with daily life examples from the airline industry environment.
Course code: TAPH-21-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90-120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of our 3 virtual venues:
- Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
Virtual classroom sessions will begin at the earliest at 10 am and end no later than 8 pm (UTC-5)
e.g. Seattle 07:00-17:00, Lima 09:00-19:00, Montreal 10:00-20:00, Buenos Aires 11:00-21:00, London 15:00-01:00
- Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
Virtual classroom sessions will begin at the earliest at 10 am and end no later than 7 pm (UTC+8)
e.g. Dubai 06:00-15:00, New Delhi 07:30-16:30, Beijing 10:00-19:00, Singapore 10:00-19:00, Sydney 12:00-21:00, Auckland 14:00-23:00
- Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
Virtual classroom sessions will begin at the earliest from 9 am and end no later than 6 pm (UTC+2)
e.g. London 08:00-17:00, Geneva 09:00-18:00, Dubai: 11:00-20:00, New Delhi 12:30-21:30, Beijing 15:00-24:00, Singapore 15:00-24:00
For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing
or contact our Customer Portal
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
3 - 7 August, 2020
Register before 13 Jul, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 13 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110371
Two sessions per day, Mon, Tue, Fri:
10:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:00 UTC-5
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
2 - 10 September, 2020
Register before 12 Aug, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 19 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110380
2 sessions per day, Wed, Tue, Thu:
10:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:00 UTC+8
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the key (un-)success factors for any negotiation
- Prepare your negotiation in a professional way within minutes
- Consciously adopt your negotiation approach and style to cater for intercultural differences
- Identify and change leverage factors in your favor
- Consciously use the negotiators toolset of communication means to achieve lasting results
- Negotiation basics and success factors
- Professional preparation
- Intercultural differences
- Manipulation techniques
- The negotiation process – micro and macro
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals of all levels who want to enhance their negotiation skills and work more effectively.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: