Ramp Incident / Accident Investigation (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
5-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA’s Ramp Incident / Accident Investigation 5-day virtual classroom course will provide the necessary tools and techniques to investigate a ground operations event to meet industry requirements. You will analyze and evaluate ramp incident and accident scenarios, improve your interviewing and questioning skills, use management tools for accident prevention and apply lessons learned for self-improvement objectives. This course follows the AHM 650 & 652 and a simulated accident investigation based on ICAO Annex 13 taking advantage IATA IDX (Incident Data Exchange).
Course Code: TAPG-72-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Investigate accidents and incidents meeting industry requirements
- Analyze and evaluate ramp incident / accident scenarios
- Improve your interviewing and questioning skills
- Use management tools for accident prevention
- Apply lessons learned for self-improvement objectives
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Management of safety
- Providing an understanding of organizational culture
- Safety reporting
- Accident causation
- Human factor considerations
- Investigation of accidents and incidents
- Introduction to categories of accidents and accident investigation levels
- Introduction to ICAO investigation requirements
- Accident prevention plans
- Interoperability with SMS and ISAGO standards
- Practical exercise – Accident investigation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety Officers
- Ground Operations Safety Managers
- Ramp Managers and Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.