Safety Performance Indicators (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 644 participants from 69 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Through a step-by-step methodology, you will learn the foundations of Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs), how to practically develop them, as well as gain knowledge on the integration of safety objectives, SPIs and safety performance targets into an acceptable level of safety performance (ALoSP). This course introduces safety performance monitoring as the core activity within the safety assurance (SA) process of an airline safety management system (SMS) and provides a methodology to develop SPIs that meet the expectations of IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPs) and ICAO Annex 19.
Course code: TALS-50-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have previous Safety Management Systems (SMS) knowledge and experience.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
19 - 21 June, 2023
Register before May 29, 2023 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 05 Jun
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172733
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why safety performance monitoring is important in airline operations
- Explain the role of safety performance monitoring within SMS
- Outline the difference between safety objectives and safety performance targets
- Describe the different types of SPIs that can be developed to monitor safety performance
- List the criteria for SPI development
- Implement a methodology to develop SPIs
- What is safety performance
- Why monitor safety performance
- How to monitor safety performance
- Regulatory requirements
- Safety objectives, safety performance indicators and safety performance targets
- Acceptable level of safety performance
- Safety data management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline operations managers
- Corporate and operational safety managers, analysts, coordinators
- Postholders/compliance managers
- Quality managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma