Did you know that in the past 5 years, 857 participants from 105 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
We need to be agile and prepare for the “new normal" brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and the ever-changing aviation environment. This course will help you do this by building on your existing instructional skills, giving you opportunities to evaluate and improve the way you design, conduct, and evaluate a training event. With a strong focus on presentation skills and training best practices, you will gain valuable feedback from experienced facilitators in this practical and constructive learning environment.
Course code: TAPH-30-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes including breaks.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Previous knowledge of Instructional Design and Instructional Techniques is recommended prior to taking this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Complement your training skills with best practices in instructional design and delivery
- Apply the principles of adult learning and demonstrate appropriate instructional techniques
- Effectively design, prepare for, conduct and wrap-up a training event
- Implement methods of objection handling and active listening to promote learning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a training event and of your training techniques
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Adult teaching and learning
- Learning styles and strategies
- Lesson planning techniques
- Course design and development process
- Key instructor skills
- Presentation, communication and facilitation techniques
This course is recommended for:
- Learning and development, and human resources professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.