Emergency Response Fundamentals for Airports and GSPs (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 291 participants from 50 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Airport Operators must be able to cope with an emergency occurring at the airport or in its vicinity and to minimize the impact. They play a leading role in the effeteness of the experts’ team and the Airport Community to respond. Knowledgeable and skilled personnel must ensure prompt and competent response, based on the Airport Emergency Response Plan (ERP), previously coordinated with potentially involved agencies and stakeholders. This course gives you managerial and technical skills to take on an expert role in an airport emergency response. Ground Services Providers (GSPs) play an important role integrating and implementing Airlines’ ERP with the local. You will learn to develop, train and test an ERP according to industry practice and regulatory requirements, bringing together airport operators, aircraft operators, GSP and state authorities.
Course code: TAPP-12-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
Are you looking for an awareness course on airport emergency response?
Check out the IATA - Airport Emergency Response Awareness e-learning course.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the ICAO's Standards and Recommended Practices for emergency planning at airports
- Meet the legal responsibility to manage emergencies at an airport
- Coordinate a response plan among the airfield and ground service departments, as well as various outside agencies
- Develop table top and full scale emergency drills
- Evaluate crisis management systems at aerodromes and identify required improvements
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Overview of regulatory requirements
- Basics of aviation emergency management
- Roles and responsibilities: Airports and GSP
- Tasks – actions – workplaces
- Overview of notification – alarm – alarm plans
- Special assistance team / humanitarian response
- Drafting a plan
- Overview of exercises
- Business continuity
These regulatory publications are referenced in the course:
- Airport Services Manual, Part 7, Airport Emergency Planning, ICAO
- Annex 14, Chapter 9, ICAO
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Emergency Response Planning Managers
- Operations Managers of Airport Operators
- Station Managers and Duty Officers
- State authorities involved in airport emergency response planning
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.