Did you know that in the past 5 years, 929 participants from 116 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course will show you how to apply the theory of Human Factors to obtain lasting improvements to human performance. The study of Human Factors is about understanding human behavior and why people do the things they do, how humans process information, manage operational decision-making and how they manage stress and fatigue. Getting the best human performance from people is good for safety and good for business. Over 3 days, your instructor will demonstrate the application of Human Factors knowledge to improve human performance using real examples from within the industry and guide you so that you will be able to identify what you could do as a practitioner within your organization to improve and maintain good human performance.
Course code: TCVT-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Some basic knowledge of Human Factors and Safety Management is preferred. It is recommended that you have already completed the IATA Human Factors and Safety Management Fundamentals e-learning course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the key role that humans play, and will continue to play, in the provision of a safe, efficient and effective operation right across the aviation industry
- Recognize the key components of good human performance and how these can be achieved at an individual and organization level
- Demonstrate the application of Human Factors knowledge to improve human performance using real examples from within the industry
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Human performance at an individual and an organization level
- The human as a key element in the barrier approach to safety management
- Human information processing and operational decision-making
- Fatigue and stress management
- Safety culture
- The application of Human Factors knowledge to real operational issues
This course is recommended for:
- Practitioners who want to apply Human Factors knowledge to improve and maintain human performance within their organization
- All aviation roles that deal with people, especially safety-critical roles
- Pilots, flight crew, airline managers and operational staff
- Air traffic controllers and ANSP management
- Civil aviation authority, airport and aircraft maintenance staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.