Change Management with Interactive Simulation (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
4-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This interactive course uses a change management simulation to help you learn through serious play how to effectively lead and manage important organizational changes through proven methodology and experiential exercises. You will discover why, in order to change people’s behavior, you must first influence their hearts, their minds and their environment. Cultural resistance and skills silos create weak-points and bottlenecks within an organization. The main way to achieve effective organizational resilience to change is through engaged and aligned employees and leadership. A transformational leadership culture is the ability to lead people through change and achieve bottom-up engagement.
Research from McKinsey and Company shows that 70% of all transformations fail or do not achieve their desired objectives. In many situations of change, tremendous focus is put on processes, tools and systems, while the people’s behavior aspect is left aside or is considered as an afterthought.
Course Code: TALH-12-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants are required to complete a questionnaire prior to the course describing their change project or issue, its impact and status.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
5 - 7 October, 2022
Register before 05 Jul, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 21 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148544
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop a transformational change strategy focusing on the people side of change
- Work with a simulation to identify key issues, create and implement a change plan
- Create buy-in and engagement for change readiness
- Develop a personalized change leadership development plan
- Obtain coaching on your change leadership style and strategy
- Recognize and adopt leadership behaviors to sustain and build change capabilities
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Characteristics of effective change teams
- Define the characteristics of a transformational change leader
- Coaching and personalized development plans
- Building a case for change
- Leveraging resistance to change
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Target audience
- Managers, HR managers
- Project Managers
- Organizational Development Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.