Did you know that in the past 4 years, 624 participants from 49 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Safety risk management is a key component of a successful airline safety management system, required to assess the risks associated with identified hazards, and to implement effective mitigation actions. During this course, review your safety risk management process according to the ICAO safety performance requirements. Learn how to improve your operational safety by correctly identifying hazards, providing effective controls to mitigate safety risks, and reducing equipment loss and damage.
Course Code: TALS-46-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have previous Safety Management Systems (SMS) knowledge and experience.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the key principles in safety management
- Describe Safety Risk Management processes
- Use Safety Risk Management activities and tools
- Improve Risk Management skills
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Safety management principles
- Safety risk management
- Operational system description
- Components and activities of an operational system
- Processes, activities and tools
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety risk evaluation
- Safety assurance
- Safety performance monitoring
- The relationship between safety risk management and safety assurance
This course is recommended for:
- Airline operational managers
- Airline Corporate and operational safety managers, analysts, coordinators
- Post holders
- Airline Quality and Safety managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.