Safety Risk Management (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 624 participants from 49 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Safety risk management is a key component of a successful airline safety management system, required to assess the risks associated with identified hazards, and to implement effective mitigation actions.
During this course, review your safety risk management process according to the ICAO safety performance requirements. Learn how to improve your operational safety by correctly identifying hazards, providing effective controls to mitigate safety risks, and reducing equipment loss and damage.
Course Code: TALS-46-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have previous Safety Management Systems (SMS) knowledge and experience
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
22 - 24 September, 2021
Register before 01 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 08 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130442
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
8 - 10 December, 2021
Register before 07 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 24 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130483
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the key principles in safety management
- Describe Safety Risk Management processes
- Use Safety Risk Management activities and tools
- Improve Risk Management skills
- Safety management principles
- Safety risk management
- Operational system description
- Components and activities of an operational system
- Processes, activities and tools
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety risk evaluation
- Safety assurance
- Safety performance monitoring
- The relationship between safety risk management and safety assurance
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline operational managers
- Airline Corporate and operational safety managers, analysts, coordinators
- Post holders
- Airline Quality and Safety managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: