Did you know that in the past 5 years, 136 participants from 41 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (16 hours) LIVE classroom course
Developed and delivered in collaboration with the industry, this course builds on the existing knowledge and expertise of every participant. The curriculum examines safety management concepts from a holistic point of view, supporting an in-depth understanding of factors that influence safety outcomes in an organization. Through case studies and group discussions, you will utilize critical thinking to form defensible safety positions. Additionally, you will be introduced to emerging safety management concepts that will shape Safety Management Systems (SMS) in the coming years.
Course Code: TCVG-30-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 240 minutes. Additional time is required for 2 assignments, and a virtual follow-up meeting 3 months after the course.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have a strong working knowledge of the SMS framework; extensive experience managing Safety within an organization; and will be required to complete a pre-course questionnaire.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge to assess an SMS to identify areas of excellence and improvements
- Formulate actions and assess the potential impact of safety related issues for an organization
- Appraise the organizational context when considering safety improvements
- Create defensible safety positions to support corporate decision-making, while reducing safety risk
- Develop and implement actions to strengthen key safety culture drivers supporting the continuous improvement of an organizations' safety performance
- Differentiate contrasting leadership styles and their influence in implementation and ongoing effectiveness of safety initiatives
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Safety Culture and its drivers in an organization
- Safety Leadership and its role in enabling effective safety management
- SMS Key Appointments, Structures and Committees
- Safety Data and Safety Information – assessment, use and protection
- Facilitating informed decision-making through Safety Risk Assessments Evolution of Safety Management
This course is recommended for:
- Ground Service Providers
- Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.