Operations & Infrastructure
IATA identifies and develops operational solutions for all areas affecting aircrafts and airlines, either on ground or in flight.
The goal is to:
- Optimize engineering and maintenance measures to improve safety, reliability and productivity
- Promote the global harmonization of aircraft equipment
- Identify reduction opportunities in fuel consumption and carbon emissions
- Improve safety and operational efficiency in ground operations
- Meet demand of aviation professionals and the need to improve safety, quality and efficiency of training
- Identify and mitigate operational cost issues
- Achieve paperless aircraft operations
IATA takes a leadership role in influencing airport and airspace planning and development projects worldwide to meet airline requirements for safety, efficiency, and functionality.
We are seeking to establish and maintain a global infrastructure strategy that addresses high level, long-term planning and near-term issues, as well as harmonized regional development. Working globally with airlines and industry partners promotes cost effective and environmentally responsible improvements.