The World Cargo Symposium (WCS) is the largest and most prestigious annual event of its kind and the only one to bring together key stakeholders from the entire air cargo supply chain. Learn more about IATA Air Cargo now!
Join over 1,000 air cargo leaders and more than 40 exhibitors, for this action-packed World Cargo Symposium.
WCS 2020 will continue to move the industry from talk to action with this 14th edition.
The Symposium will feature plenary sessions, specialized tracks, workshops and executive summits, tackling aspects related to Technology & Innovation, Security & Customs, Cargo Operations and Sustainability.
Why should you attend?
- Unique business, networking and branding opportunities with 99% satisfaction rate
- Engage with over 1000 senior experts and decision makers across the entire supply chain
- Debate and influence the future of Air Cargo
- Hear world class speakers talk about the latest trends and issues impacting Air Cargo
IATA Launches Global Air Cargo Photo Contest
With the 14th edition of the WCS just around the corner, we want to recognize the essential role of air cargo in global trade and invite you to submit a picture of your favorite cargo aircraft.
Photo theme/criteria: From now until the 6th March share a photo with us of your favorite cargo aircraft. Your photo should capture the dynamism of the industry.The picture that demonstrates this the best will be judged the winner and the entrant awarded $100 worth of Amazon Vouchers.
WCS 2019 Closing Video
Who will you meet?
- Solution providers
- Freight forwarders
- Ground handlers
Roadmap and App
Attending Companies and Sponsors
Monday 9 March
- FACES (pdf)
- EPIC Workshop (pdf)
- CEIV Workshop (pdf)
- Cargo Products Workshop (PASS, IATA Net Rates, Direct Data, DG Autocheck) (pdf)
Tuesday 10 March
- Opening plenary (pdf)
Wednesday 11 March
- Perishables track (pdf)
- Cargo Operations track (pdf)
- Dangerous Goods track (pdf)
- Freighters track (pdf)
- Cargo Security track (pdf)
Registrations are now open!
Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity to expand your network and get insights into the latest industry trends and developments.
Find out what precautions to take regarding Coronavirus & communicable diseases (pdf).
Turkish Airlines is the official airline of the IATA World Cargo Symposium with special discounts offered for all delegates. To proceed with the online booking tool, please visit the Turkish Airlines promocode website and use the event code 033TKM20 under the Promotion code section.
**Important: Please make sure to enter in the promotional code first and then click “confirm.” Once you click “confirm” you will be able to enter in your arrival/departure airports and travel dates.
Thank you to our official airline
Should you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
The World Cargo Symposium continues to be the best opportunity to showcase your products and solutions to the cargo community. Find out what kind of privileges we can offer to our sponsors and exhibitors!
Director Sponsorships & Exhibitions
Tel.: +1-203-563-8170 Mobile: +1-514-240-2844
From cradle of civilization to modern trade and technology metropolis
Istanbul is the confluence of east and west, the only city in the world to straddle two continents. Its long and venerable history, at the meeting point of land and sea trade routes, has made it the center of Turkey’s economic life and a highly cosmopolitan city. With the opening of the Istanbul New Airport, it will become a connecting point for much of the world’s air travel, and is poised to play an increasingly active role in the future of aviation and global transport.
Istanbul is also, of course, a center for tourism. Home to three empires, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman, it has an impressive history and remnants of all three cultures. The eighth most visited city in the world in 2016, and European Capital of Culture in 2010, it is also a city for the foodie. Turkish food is reputed to be one of the great cuisines of the world, and can be found in abundance all over the city, alongside international restaurants.
Over 15 million inhabitants, about 20% of the total population of Turkey, make Istanbul the country’s richest city, bringing in 40% of taxes. It is home to almost one third of all Turkish commercial firms. As the financial capital of the country, the Istanbul Stock Exchange and the headquarters of the biggest companies in Turkey can be found there. As the industrial center of the country, it is responsible for 38% of industrial output, transforming cotton, olive oil, fruit, silk and tobacco grown in the surrounding countryside, and producing pharmaceuticals.
Such vibrancy, coupled with the trade advantages Istanbul’s unique location offers, has attracted foreign interest. The textile manufacturing operations of worldwide apparel companies are situated here, as well as the Turkish main offices of major international banks.
And it’s not just traditional industries that have benefitted from foreign investment. Istanbul has birthed many technology startups, in a wide array of activities including e-commerce and payment, entertainment and video platforms, and increasingly cloud, mobile and big data solutions for B2B. Foreign investment has kick-started the sector, but it is now also a focal point for over 40 local venture capitalists. Additional support for budding entrepreneurs comes from the well-developed co-working infrastructure.
If you are not sure about your visa requirements to enter Turkey, the IATA TravelCentre provides passport, visa, health advice, and much more. Visit the IATA TravelCentre
The 13th edition of the WCS brought over 1200 cargo experts from accross the globe to Singapore, 12th - 14th of March 2019.
Have a look at the photos taken during the WCS 2019.
The IATA WCS Daily Report
- Have a look at WCS 2019 Daily 1 (pdf)
- Have a look at WCS 2019 Daily 2 (pdf)
- Have a look at WCS 2019 Daily 3 (pdf)
Agendas and Presentations 2019
- Horizon Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- FACES Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Opening Plenary Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Pharmaceuticals Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Dangerous Goods Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Digital Cargo Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- ULD Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Live Animals Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Cargo Operations Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Focus on Asia Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Cargo Transformation Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Perishables Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- E-Commerce Logistics Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Cargo Security Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Focus on Freighters Track Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- EPIC Workshop Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Cargo Products Workshop Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- CEIV Workshop Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
- Closing Plenary Agenda (pdf) Presentation (pdf)
WCS 2019 Highlights